Protein Banana Pancakes
Updated: Sep 15, 2020
Eat This Not That
Blog #2 – Kelsey McGillis – September 06 2020
Do you ever feel like you are missing out on some of your favorite foods? I once felt like that until I started to look outside the box. I found recipes can be tweaked and healthy foods can be exciting and delicious too. It is so rewarding to eat what you love by replacing sugars and saturated fats with nutrient dense ingredients. I found these protein banana pancakes easy to make, delicious and perfect for meal prepping.
· 4 Small Over Ripe Bananas
· 4 Egg Whites
· 1 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
· ½ Cup Almond Milk
· 1 Scoop of Whey Protein
· 2 Scoop Rolled Oats
· ½ tsp Cinnamon
· Put a non-stick pan on medium heat and let the pan warm up.
· In a mixer, blend your bananas, egg whites, yogurt & almond milk until smooth.
· Add your protein powder, rolled oats, and cinnamon into your mixer. Mix until smooth.
· Let batter sit for 10 minutes for the rolled oats to absorb.
· Using a soup ladder, pour a scoop of your pancake mixer onto your warming pan.
· Wait until golden brown on the bottom and flip until both sides are golden brown.
· Repeat until your mix is all used up.
· Top with your favorite toppings. My favorite topping is blueberries with a little drizzle of PB2. You can also top with any fruit, yogurt, or apple sauce. Make it your creation!